How goes it? I hope you’re well wherever you are in the world, long time no chat! Yeah, it’s my fault, but I think I have a few good reasons. First, my summer was AWESOME. Here’s a little note about me, when I’m really excited and in the moment, I can’t even verbalize the awesomery that’s happening, I have to let it marinate a little bit. If I sat here right now and told detail for detail about just how awesome my summer was, we’d be here all day, so I’ll quickly tell my summer’s story in pictures so we can move on to more important stuff, like my NYFW woes and what not. Ok, ready?
(I worked a LOT in between all of this)
Y’all see what I was talking about?! My summer was THE BEST! Like…the best one I’ve had since I can remember.
Ok, enough about summer, fall is now making its way in and I can further justify that by letting you know that I am wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt today. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, I get to layer, which means I still wear my spring/summer clothes and just pair pieces with other pieces, or funky tights, and blazers (I get excited talking about blazers). Plainly put, I love the season that brings forth pretty leaves and a brisk breeze, along with the trends and fads alike that grace magazine pages and these Philly streets. Although in the fall season of NYFW, spring and summer collections of next year are being debuted, it’s also my favorite season to attend. It’s just the vibe, the feeling, the coolness of it all that I like most, and sadly, I won’t really feel it this season (insert big, warm tear sliding down my cheek).
Let’s lay it all down so maybe I won’t feel so sour at the end of this post.
1. I’m a full-time student, in my last year of undergrad *throws cap in the air before it’s even ordered* and I can’t afford to miss classes for a whole week–even if it’s for the most fabulous and anticipated shows of the fashion industry *cries again*.
2. I applied for press credentials for the 1st time ever, and I didn’t get denied…but I didn’t get approved either… *burst into nervous/actually hilarious bout of laughter*. Since I was waiting to get a decision *looks at watch*, I just waited, big mistake… and I should have known better.
3. Since I’m in school, that means I’d be commuting every day and trying to crash at this and that person’s house, and spending lots of money that a broke college student kind of doesn’t have.
4. Luckily, I have awesome Blogger friends who can’t attend things and allow me to cover for them, so I still get my NYFW fix. This is actually how I’ve went to any NYFW show I’ve ever attended, so I was trying to take a stab at applying myself…that didn’t work out well, ha!
5. For the February season, I’m creating a master plan to get invited to all the shows I’ve ever wanted to attend and I’m skipping class all that week, disregard points 1-4, lol! They are just all the things I’m telling myself to justify my not being in the total mix of all things fabulous NYFW…le sigh.
My NYFW woes run a little deep this go-around, but don’t think I won’t be in the mix, whaaaaat?! Imagine that! You might not see me front row at the shows–or standing room for that matter– but I sure will show my face outside the Lincoln Center at the let-out! :D. That’s where all the magic happens anyway. Can’t wait to see all of my in-the-fashion-know folks in NYC, here’s what I have planned so far, hope to catch you around here or there!
Wednesday 9/5: Independent Fashion Blogger’s Conference day 2 (woot woot!)
Thursday 9/6: FNO (I’ll be everywhere!) Tweet, FB, text me…it’s going to be fun!
Friday 9/7: I’ll be in the city for an exclusive event, so excited!!!
Saturday 9/8: Cocktails & Couture Fashion Week Mixer
Sunday 9/10: TBA
As my plans detail themselves, or not, I’ll keep y’all posted, would love to meet or reconnect with some of you! Cheers to NYFW!
with style~ Sharontina B.